Recently I experienced an issue with a blank page loading after attempting to sign in to the Enterprise Control Panel (ECP) and Outlook Web App (OWA) websites on an Exchange 2013 server. After troubleshooting I figured out that after updating the certificate and deleting the old expired cert IIS needed a manual change. I’m not certain if this is a bug in the script Exchange uses to update the certificates from the ECP, but it is easy enough to resolve manually.
- Login to the Exchange 2013 server and open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Expand your server name, then sites, right-click Exchange Back End, and choose “Edit Bindings…”
- Select the entry using port 444 and click the Edit… button
- Select the new SSL certificate in the SSL Certificate… drop-down. This drop-down was set to “Not Selected” in my instance. I simply changed it to the cert I had just installed in the ECP and everything worked fine.
- Click OK, then Close when finished. Feel free to do an IISRESET as well just to be thorough. I didn’t have to do this, but it never hurts after making changes in IIS.
Once I did that I was able to load OWA and the ECP again. This was a particularly tricky issue to figure out since I didn’t see any errors in the Application logs on the Exchange server. Hopefully this will help out anyone seeing the same issue.